Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ssh! Can you keep a secret?

I'm not allowed to discuss this until next year, but...

I have discovered that there are not four, but SIX pubs on a bona fide loop effected by turning left or right out of my house.

It is my birthday in early February.

Hows about a birthday pub crawl?! Hurray! Hats in the air etc...

The pubs are, in clockwise order:

The Regent (yes its a Wetherspoons and yes it's an old cinema)
The Walton Working Mens Club
The George Inn
The Bear
The Old Manor
The Swan
The Anglers

Each of these pubs are 2 minutes walk from each other.

This arrow in this Google Maps link is pointing at my house.

To do the above pubs you turn right out of my house onto Church Street (where the Wetherspoons, the Working Mens Club a chinese, a chippy, a kebab van, a pizza place and a curry house can also be found), then along to Bridge Street (home of the George and the Bear) and then back onto Manor Road for the Old Manor, the Swan and the Anglers.

Would any of you gentlemen care to join me? I'm thinking Saturday the 3rd or the 10th Feb.

No comments: