Friday, October 20, 2006

Blogmania!

They're all at it! Blogging that is. If you're a 'rak like me, or just interested in life, there's some fascinating stuff out there.

Here's the chain of events.
I had been recommended the excellent Martin Kelner's Piss Poor Podcast; and on it, he mentioned John Baish's blog, which was odd as he (JB, not Kelner) phoned me about ten minutes later.
ANYWAY...
If you're interested in the behind the scenes workings of the BBC, JB's blog had a fascinating link to the BBC's Director of Global News (great job title!) Richard Sambrook's personal blog.
Bear with me.
This reminded me that I hadn't read the BBC Editors' blog for a while, and stumbled across a posting by Radio 1 Newsbeat editor, Rod McKenzie. I thought he might have some interesting things to say that I could steal for the RED (formerly URE) student radio training session. This could make me appear as though I have deep insights into what "da kidz" want from their news.
Instead I found Rod - the big news cheese, head honcho of fact - calling Nick Wallis "a perfect gent and a top reporter" and describing a hilarious Wallis-esque encounter with Halle Berry.
Read it here
.

PS: Separately, Matt Deegan correctly suggests that Chris Evans' BBC blog is *much* better than you might expect - a great example of actually sharing a little bit of yourself with the listener...

No comments: