Sunday, August 21, 2005

St. Peter's Organic Ale



That's this one. I'd just started it at 9.30pm last Tuesday night when Five Live called asking for a 2-way on Madonna's hospitalisation.

This involved plugging my mic and headphones into my laptop, firing up the wireless broadband, connceting to BBC traffic on Skype and talking to Phil Williams in quality on national radio from my sitting room whilst Nic breast-fed Amy alongside me. A Dickensian scene of domestic bliss.

So in the general panic, the St.Peter's tasting session became a bit of a secondary issue as I drank it in several nervous gulps whilst I was waiting to go on air.

I can exclusively reveal, however, that it seemed quite nice - not amazing, but very drinkable. I think I may have over-chilled it, which was probably a mistake. It's only 4.0% and therefore quite subtle, but it's one of those lovely bottles that adds a bit of class to proceedings, it's organic (so therefore actually good for you) and it's only £1.59 from Waitrose, so I shall have to try it a few more times.

Nick

PS The next day I got the lead package on Newsbeat at 1245 and 1745 and then went on the 7 o'clock news to talk about Madonna and Eminem, leading me to wish more celebrities would get ill. In a nice way.

No comments: